Undergraduate Degree General Option
Be part of the solution for ongoing and emerging public health issues and advocate for health equity.
Be part of the solution
Assess population health and plan innovative solutions to advocate for health equity at workplace, school, local, domestic and global settings.
Use and communicate public health data to advance health equity in diverse populations.
Assist diverse communities in ongoing and emerging public health issues.
With the general public health degree option, you’ll...
- Learn from a wide range of areas and topics in public health to meet your unique career goals.
- Develop a set of skills to assist in community health, disease prevention and other public health services for ongoing and emerging public health issues.
- Apply data analysis skills to contribute innovative and equitable solutions to achieve health equity at workplace, school, local, domestic and global settings.
Careers in public health
Be a part of innovative and equitable solutions for public health issues at workplace, school, local, domestic and global settings.
This option prepares you for a wide range of careers in public health.
The US Labor of Statistics estimates that a job increase through 2030 in the area of public health such as epidemiologists (30%), health safety specialists (7%), environmental specialists (8%) and community health workers (17%).
Start with general public health option to become:
*May require additional education and/or training.
- Occupational health and safety specialist
- Environment specialist
- Health data analyst*
- (Global) program and research assistant
- International public health worker
- Community health worker/community liaison
- Public health advocate
- Public health planner
- Peace Corp