Courses and registration resources

Current graduate students

College of Public Health and Human Sciences


View the registrar's getting started page for information including eligibility to register, priority registration phases, MyOSU, schedule planning, registration access for students with disabilities, late registration, and more.



Sometimes you will have difficulty registering for a class because of capacity or other issues. If a class is full, first contact the instructor to see if he or she is willing to let you enroll. If they give approval, email to make the override request. After the override is given, you may register for the course.


Add/Drop a class or change credits after the second week of classes

Review the registrar’s policies on adding, dropping, and withdrawing from classes. In fall, winter, and spring terms, you may add or drop classes at will up until the end of the first week of classes.

During the second week you will need an override, which requires instructor approval before you can join the class. Beginning week 3, if you wish to add or drop classes, or change the number of credits of a blanket course, you must fill out the petition for late change of registration form. You will be charged $20 for each change.

Summer term has different deadlines than the rest of the academic year. Refer to summer session deadlines.


Register for a blanket course

A blanket course has a zero as the middle number (e.g. H 501, KIN 506). These classes require an override before you can register, and before the override can be given you must fill out the To Be Arranged (TBA) form (pdf). Complete the form and get the signatures of the course instructor and your advisor. Send the form to


CPHHS graduate courses offered by term

CPHHS sets the graduate course schedule for the subsequent year in spring term. Periodically, changes will be made to this list, when required.