OSU Child Development Center
Parents are always welcome at the OSU Child Development Center. A comfortable observation room allows parents to observe their child at play and get a glimpse into the busy life of the preschool classroom.
- General Emergency Information (pdf)
- Evacuation Plan (pdf)
- Lockdown / Shelter-in-Place Plan (pdf)
- Parent-Child Reunification Plan (pdf)
Parent participation is invited - but not required!
Parents are welcome to participate. Please make arrangements with your child's teacher.
Parent participation opportunities include:
- Volunteering in the classroom
- Helping plan special classroom activities
- Assisting the teacher to make or gather special curriculum materials
- Driving or helping to supervise on field trips
- Attending the Classroom Parent Group meetings
- Serving as a classroom Representative to Parent Policy Council
- Participating in Parent & Teacher Conferences
- Serving on special program-wide committees
Other services and activities provided for parents and families include:
- Weekly classroom curriculum plans
- Breakfast/snack and lunch menus
- Program newsletter
- Family social gatherings
- Seminars and workshops
- Parent resource library
- Parent-Teacher conferences
- Child Developmental Screening as indicated
- Home visits by arrangement
What do parents say about the OSU Child Development Center?
The students and instructors are so skilled at what they do - this is really an added benefit for our family.