Future undergrad FAQ

Future undergrad FAQ

College of Health

If you don't find what you are looking for here, contact a Peer Advisor. Peer Advisors are College of Health students who can answer questions about classes, campus and the community.

Prospective students can call the Office of Student Success at 541-737-8900 to schedule a half hour appointment with an advisor. If you are a transfer student, please bring or email a copy of your unofficial transcripts.

If you are new student at OSU you need to attend an orientation to meet with your advisor and register for classes.

Coursework for most majors is fairly flexible in the first year, with the exception of science sequences. Many students are able to choose a major after taking several baccalaureate core classes; these classes are easily transferable among the various majors. Undecided students may also choose to change their college of enrollment to the University Exploratory Studies Program (UESP). Advisors in UESP are specially trained to help students choose a major that’s right for them.

Some majors in the College of Health are pre-professional programs. Students must apply to these programs after the prerequisites are completed. Applications for these programs are submitted during Spring term only. Admissions to these programs are very competitive. Please review the program for requirements.

The Degree Partnership Program (DPP) promotes educational attainment and bachelor's degree completion by allowing students to be jointly admitted and concurrently enrolled at Oregon State University and Oregon community colleges.

No. Students in the College of Health are not required to have a minor; however, many students choose to complete a minor to complement their major or to meet credit hour requirements.

Ecampus offers a human development and family sciences degree with a general option. If you are a current student, complete the online orientation through Ecampus. When the orientation is complete, the Ecampus advisor will contact you.

OSU does NOT offer a major in pre-med/pre-nursing/pre-professional studies.

Students interested in the health professions are encouraged to declare a major in a subject of interest.

Professional health programs do not require any particular major; however, pre-med/pre-nursing/pre-professional students need to complete the necessary science and math prerequisite courses for acceptance.

Several majors in the College of Health have the prerequisites built into their curriculum.

Check out our Pre-health professions for more details.

Students are required to obtain teacher licensure to teach. Oregon State offers the Education Double Degree program as well as several Master’s degree programs through the Graduate College.