Food, Nutrition & Health Update | Moore Family Center
On behalf of the Moore Family Center for Whole Grain Foods, Nutrition and Preventive Health, we invite you to attend the 2nd Annual “Food, Nutrition & Health Update”.
Presentation slides can be downloaded from the Speaker Bio page
The goals of the conference are to provide updates on the latest research and address important critical issues in nutrition and healthy eating. The target audience: dietitians, nutrition educators and health professionals in preventive and public health.
CEUs available for Dietetics/Nutrition
This year’s program will include platform sessions and interactive panel/audience discussions on:
- Whole Grains and Health
- Grains and gluten intolerances
- Nutrigenomics and Personalized Nutrition
- Role of the food environment determining food choices
- Smarter, healthier school lunches – role of behavioral economics
- Translating the research to the community
- View tentative program
Conference registration includes conference materials, light refreshments and lunch.
Registration fee is $95
OSU Student/Staff/Faculty/Emertis Registrants fee is $50
Registration rates will increase on midnight January 10, 2014 respectively to $115 and $60
For registration questions contact OSU Conference Services:
email@example.com | 1-800-678-6311 or 1-541-737-9300
Speakers (see full bios)
- Dr. Nicola McKeown, Tuft’s University
- Dr. Andrew Ross, Oregon State University
- Dr. J. Bruce German, University of California, Davis
- Bob Moore, Founding CEO, Bob’s Red Mill
- Dr. Karen Chapman-Novakofski, University of Illnois, Urbana-Champaign
- Dr. Betty Izumi, Portland State University
For program questions contact the Moore Family Center:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-737-5205
Arrangements for participants to receive a preferred rate have been made with Oregon State University’s headquarter hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn - located less than a block away from the CH2M HILL Alumni Center.
To take advantage of this special rate of $109 – call 541-752-5000 or go online and let them know you are with the Food, Nutrition & Health block. Make your reservation by January 7, 2014 to receive the group rate. If you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, parking is free in the hotel parking lot.
The 2013 program included platform sessions and interactive panel/audience discussions on
- Whole Grains and Health: Navigating our Path to the Future
(watch video of companion seminar - given day after conference)
- Celiac and Gluten Intolerances
- Probiotics and Gut Health
- Using technologies to promote healthy eating in our youth
- Center for Healthy Aging Research
- Hallie E. Ford Center for Healthy Children & Families
- Moore Family Center for Whole Grain Foods, Nutrition and Preventive Health