Human Performance Laboratory
The Human Performance Lab research interests include exercise energy metabolism, athletic performance and body composition. The Lab provides tests of aerobic fitness (maximal oxygen consumption) and body composition (percent body fat) for a reasonable fee.
To learn more about available assessments and the associated fee, and to schedule an appointment, please contact Jay Penry
The Human Performance Lab provides the following fitness assessments. Prices are listed for General Public (GP) and University Affiliate (UA).
- Maximal Oxygen Consumption (VO2max) - GP: $90, UA: $70
- Body Composition - Bod Pod GP:$40, UA: $35.
- Skinfolds - GP:$15, UA: $10
- Bioelectrical Impedance (BIA) - GP:$15, UA: $10
- General Fitness Assessment Package (Includes aerobic fitness, flexibility, strength and body compositions tests.) - GP:$40, UA: $30
- Sensormedics Max-1 Electrocardiograph and Treadmill System
- BOD POD Body Composition System
- PFT 3000 Pulmonary Function
- Yellow Springs 1500 Lactate Analyzer
- Lifepak 9P Defibrillator
- Sensormedics 2000 Metabolic Cart
- Monarch 824E Wingate Ergometer