Kinesiology (formerly Exercise and Sport Science) | Graduate Programs
The School of Biological and Population Health Sciences offers graduate programs in the theoretical and practical study of physical activity for the promotion of optimal health and disease prevention.
Prior to July 2015 this program was named Exercise and Sport Science.
Areas of Concentration
- Movement Studies in Disability (MS, PhD)
- Physical Activity and Public Health (MS, PhD)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (MS, PhD)
An option is focused on an area of study designed to provide a student with specialized knowledge, competence, and skills while sharing a minimum of core courses. The Adapted Physical Activity option is available to students in the major of Kinesiology and is transcript visible.
We are excited to be in the process of developing several new professionally-oriented degrees at the master’s level. Refer to the Physical Education Teacher Education and Athletic Training sites for updates on some of these initiatives. We will post more information on master’s degree options available for applicants interested in applying next year as details become available.
Degree Program requirements
Applying for Admission
More information for prospective and current students can be found in Students
Graduate Assistantships & Scholarships
Graduate assistantships are available in teaching and research to highly qualified candidates. Graduate assistantship annual support ranges from $9595 - $22,176 based on assignment (and also includes a waiver of graduate tuition). Application forms and deadlines can be found in How to Apply and Fellowships.
Details about academic programs, faculty, students and research can be found throughout this site or contact Dr. Vicki Ebbeck, Graduate Coordinator.
If you have general questions about our graduate programs please contact Debi Rothermund, Graduate Program Administrative Assistant.
Resources Outside the College
- Oregon State University Graduate School
- OSU Graduate School's Academic Progress
- OSU Graduate School's Graduate Student Success
- Graduate School Student Forms
- On-Line Thesis Guide
Graduate Student Forms
- Annual Progress Review for first-year doctoral students (docx)
- Annual Progress Review for continuing doctoral students (docx)
- Annual Progress Review for Graduate Students (docx)
- Transcript Evaluation Didactic Program in Dietetics (pdf)
- TBA form for blanket courses (pdf)
- Off Campus Travel From (pdf)
- Personal Use of Kinesiology activity spaces can be found on the Graduate Student page
- PhD written prelim exam event form (doc)
- PhD proposal event form (doc)
- PhD defense event form (doc)
- Thesis proposal event form (doc)
- Thesis defense event form (doc)
- School of Biological and Population Health Sciences
- Dietetic Internship (OSUDI)
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- International Health
- School of Social and Behavioral Health Sciences