Faculty Staff Fitness
The Faculty Staff Fitness (FSF) program enhances the individual health, fitness and well-being of Oregon State personnel. FSF was formed in the spring of 1984 with 10 activity classes enrolling 100 individuals. Today we average 30-40 classes serving over 800 faculty/staff, GTA's/GRA's, spouses/partners and retirees of the university each term.
No membership fees are collected. A modest class fee is all that is charged. Consider us a fringe benefit of your employment at the university!
- Winter Schedule 2014
- Online Registration
(And we're back online. Thanks for your patience.)
- Registration / Class Information
- Contact Faculty Staff Fitness
Staff/Faculty Nutrition Mini-Consultation Visits
- Staff/Faculty Nutrition Mini-Consultation Visits (pdf)
PEBB Exercise Rewards Program & Recreational Sports
Recreational Sports is an approved fitness facility as part of the PEBB Exercise Rewards Program. Recreational Sports members are eligible to receive a $15/month reimbursement check from the Exercise Rewards Program by visiting Recreational Sports facilities at least 12 times/month (or in combination with other approved facilities).
If you have already submitted your Member Verification Form to Exercise Rewards. You must resubmit it with your first quarter Submission Log Form. We apologize about the extra work, this was just recently changed by PEBB because of the overwhelming positive response to participation in FSF and Dixon Recreation Center.
- The Exercise Rewards Program extends to PEBB-eligible faculty/staff and their spouse/domestic partner.
- The $15/month reimbursement process will be facilitated between you, the Faculty and Staff Fitness Office, and Exercise Rewards Program directly. Faculty and Staff Fitness will not be providing a “discount” to your classes at time of purchase.
- Registration on the Exercise Rewards website can be done by either the subscriber (employee enrolled in the health plan) or the spouse/partner.
- Employee and/or spouse/partner must have health insurance through PEBB.
- Employees opting out of PEBB insurance are not eligible to participate in the Exercise Rewards program unless they opt out because they have other PEBB coverage.
- Are you a part of Dixon Recreation Center? DRC is an approved Exercise Rewards Program facility! You can meet the 12 visits/month exercise requirement through Faculty Staff Fitness and Recreational Sports together.
Step 1: Every PEBB-eligible Faculty and Staff Fitness participant must first register online at www.exerciserewards.com to be a part of this program. NOTE: You do NOT need to select a facility on the Exercise Rewards Program website. You ONLY need to register. We are aware that Faculty and Staff Fitness is not "listed" however, we are approved!
Step 2: Complete the "Fitness Facility Member Verification Form". To be submitted with your Rewards Submission Log the first quarter you participate.
Step 4: At the end of each quarter submit your log to the FSF Office for review (hard copy or electronically).
Step 5: Receive your approved copy of your log confirming your attendance.
Step 6: Send all documents (Reward Submission Form/Log, Fitness Facility Member Verification Form (1st quarter)) to the following address: Exercise Rewards, PO Box 509117, San Diego, CA, 92150-9117.
The deadline to submit all forms is 90 days from the end of the plan year. Since this is the first year of the program, employees have until March 31, 2015 to submit forms for the time period of October 2013 – December 2014. WE ENCOURAGE FSF PARTICIPANTS TO SUBMIT FORMS ON A QUARTERLY BASIS.
*Because PEBB asks about activity from the first of the month to the last of the month, we will be looking to extend some of our class offerings around the months of December and September of 2014, keep looking for new classes to fulfill those three times a week!
- Blood Screening Information
- Registration will begin October 15th
- Blood Draw will be on November 6th from (7:30-8:30am)
- Blood Draw Cancelled look out for Spring term Blood Draw
Procedures and Rentals
- Policies And Procedures
- Locker & Basket Rentals
- Substitute request form (pdf)
Our services include
- FSF Activity Classes - Each term, class schedules are distributed via our listserv list, on the web, or in 123 Langton Hall.
- FSF Listserv - Beneficial program and class information in the form of monthly email announcements. Want to join? Add yourself to the list
- Lockers - Baskets, lockers(half/full), towels and showers are available for OSU personnel in both Langton Hall and the Women's Building. An additional fee, paid in 123 Langton, is required for these services.
- Bi-annual Blood Screenings - Blood samples are drawn in 124 Langton Hall by the staff from Corvallis Good Samaritan Hospital's laboratory unit. Profile analyses are completed at the hospital and returned to FSF who then distribute them to the participants.
- Blood Pressure & Pulse Rate Checks - Our fully automated monitor is FREE of charge and is located in Langton 123 (FSF headquarters). Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Articles - A digest of health and fitness information available on our FSF website.
- Annual Awards Picnic - Held in late May/early June, participants gather at the conclusion of each year to acknowledge and give recognition to fellow participants who by team, or individual accomplishment, and by nomination and selection, receive annual awards.
- Free Fitness Assessments - Fitness assessments help determine cardiovascular health, core strength, upper body strength, and flexibility. Call the FSF office for an appointment 541-737-3222
Testimonial and Wall of Fame
I am writing to tell you how thankful I am for the Faculty & Staff Fitness program.
It has literally saved my life.
I was over 300 pounds when its director, Rochelle Schwab, came to the library as a keynote speaker at one of our in-service days. She convinced me that I could exercise and that any exercise would be better than none. Rochelle was also very supportive and encouraging after I joined the program and I credit her as being a big part of my successful weight loss.
I have lost 135 pounds and only have 25 to go to reach my ideal weight. I attend exercise classes at Langton five days a week now and I miss being able to go during the quarter breaks. I have added a before and after photo of myself. My after photo was taken just before I ran the Be Well 5K here on campus earlier this month. This program is so important to me that I want to be sure it is acknowledged for the wonder service it is to the faculty and staff. Thank you for your time.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Community Programs