Faculty Staff Fitness
The Faculty Staff Fitness (FSF) program enhances the individual health, fitness and well-being of Oregon State personnel. FSF was formed in the spring of 1984 with 10 activity classes enrolling 100 individuals. Today we average 30-40 classes serving over 800 faculty/staff, GTA's/GRA's, spouses/partners and retirees of the university each term.
No membership fees are collected. A modest class fee is all that is charged. Consider us a fringe benefit of your employment at the university!
Procedures and Rentals
- Locker Renewal & FACULTY/STAFF FITNESS EXTRAS:
- Wall Of Fame Honorees Of Past
- Substitute request form (pdf)
Our services include
- FSF Activity Classes - Each term, class schedules are distributed via our listserv list, on the web, or in 123 Langton Hall.
- FSF Listserv - Beneficial program and class information in the form of monthly email announcements. Want to join? Add yourself to the list
- Lockers - Baskets, lockers(half/full), towels and showers are available for OSU personnel in both Langton Hall and the Women's Building. An additional fee, paid in 123 Langton, is required for these services.
- Bi-annual Blood Screenings - Blood samples are drawn in 124 Langton Hall by the staff from Corvallis Good Samaritan Hospital's laboratory unit. Profile analyses are completed at the hospital and returned to FSF who then distribute them to the participants.
- Blood Pressure & Pulse Rate Checks - Our fully automated monitor is FREE of charge and is located in Langton 123 (FSF headquarters). Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Articles - A digest of health and fitness information available on our FSF website.
- Annual Awards Picnic - Held in late May/early June, participants gather at the conclusion of each year to acknowledge and give recognition to fellow participants who by team, or individual accomplishment, and by nomination and selection, receive annual awards.
- Free Fitness Assessments - Fitness assessments help determine cardiovascular health, core strength, upper body strength, and flexibility. Call the FSF office for an appointment 541-737-3222
I am writing to tell you how thankful I am for the Faculty & Staff Fitness program.
It has literally saved my life.
I was over 300 pounds when its director, Rochelle Schwab, came to the library as a keynote speaker at one of our in-service days. She convinced me that I could exercise and that any exercise would be better than none. Rochelle was also very supportive and encouraging after I joined the program and I credit her as being a big part of my successful weight loss.
I have lost 135 pounds and only have 25 to go to reach my ideal weight. I attend exercise classes at Langton five days a week now and I miss being able to go during the quarter breaks. I have added a before and after photo of myself. My after photo was taken just before I ran the Be Well 5K here on campus earlier this month. This program is so important to me that I want to be sure it is acknowledged for the wonder service it is to the faculty and staff. Thank you for your time.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Community Programs