Faculty Staff Fitness
Juggling a job and family can sometimes make activities like working out seem like a chore. But Oregon State University’s one-of-a-kind Faculty Staff Fitness program makes working out fun – and convenient – for everyone.
Housed in the College of Public Health and Human Sciences, the Faculty Staff Fitness program is celebrating 30 years of improving fitness and health by providing a variety of workout classes in a welcoming and inspiring environment. Read this story to find out more about the Faculty Staff Fitness program.
If you're connected on social media, please like our page for program updates and share this story on FSF with friends, family and coworkers! Facebook
- Summer Beaver Strides starts this week! Sign up today!
- View our FSF March Newsletter here!
- Summer FLEX-PASS and TRIAL-PASS still available (limited number left)! (pdf)
- Staff/Faculty Nutrition Mini-Consultation Visits (pdf)
- Online Registration- (Closed for maintenance outage: July 11th, 12am-4am)
- Marketplace has been loading very very slowly. It has been taking around 10 seconds for us. We are having people look into why. Until then, a huge Thanks! for your patience.
- FSF Class Survey- this link will allow you to report on your experience in each of your FSF classes
- Registration / Class Information
- Contact Faculty Staff Fitness
PEBB Exercise Rewards Program & Faculty and Staff Fitness
- More Info Available Here.
- Winter or SpringTerm PEBB Logs can be dropped off or mailed to the office (123 Langton Hall) along with your contact information and we will contact you when they have been signed.
Articles and News for your Health
- Blood Screening Information
- Spring Blood Draw Cancelled, look out for Fall term Blood Draw
Procedures and Rentals
- Policies And Procedures
- Locker & Basket Rentals
- Substitute request form (pdf)
Our services include
- FSF Activity Classes - Each term, class schedules are distributed on the web, or in 123 Langton Hall.
- FSF Listserv - Beneficial program and class information in the form of monthly email announcements. Want to join? Add yourself to the list
- Lockers - Baskets, lockers(half/full), towels and showers are available for OSU personnel in both Langton Hall and the Women's Building. An additional fee, paid in 123 Langton, is required for these services.
- Bi-annual Blood Screenings - Blood samples are drawn in 124 Langton Hall by the staff from Corvallis Good Samaritan Hospital's laboratory unit. Profile analyses are completed at the hospital and returned to FSF who then distribute them to the participants.
- Blood Pressure & Pulse Rate Checks - Our fully automated monitor is FREE of charge and is located in Langton 123 (FSF headquarters). Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Articles - A digest of health and fitness information available on our FSF website.
- Annual Awards Picnic - Held in late May/early June, participants gather at the conclusion of each year to acknowledge and give recognition to fellow participants who by team, or individual accomplishment, and by nomination and selection, receive annual awards.
- Free Fitness Assessments - Fitness assessments help determine cardiovascular health, core strength, upper body strength, and flexibility. Call the FSF office for an appointment 541-737-3222
Testimonial and Wall of Fame
I am writing to tell you how thankful I am for the Faculty & Staff Fitness program.
It has literally saved my life.
I was over 300 pounds when its director, Rochelle Schwab, came to the library as a keynote speaker at one of our in-service days. She convinced me that I could exercise and that any exercise would be better than none. Rochelle was also very supportive and encouraging after I joined the program and I credit her as being a big part of my successful weight loss.
I have lost 135 pounds and only have 25 to go to reach my ideal weight. I attend exercise classes at Langton five days a week now and I miss being able to go during the quarter breaks. I have added a before and after photo of myself. My after photo was taken just before I ran the Be Well 5K here on campus earlier this month. This program is so important to me that I want to be sure it is acknowledged for the wonder service it is to the faculty and staff. Thank you for your time.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Community Programs
- Child Development Laboratory
- Faculty Staff Fitness
- Multiple Sclerosis Exercise Program
- Physical Activity Course (PAC) Program
- Producing for the Future
- Skeletal Biology Laboratory