Health Promotion and Health Behavior
The Health Promotion and Health Behavior major option will prepare you for many career opportunities in the areas of public health promotion, health behavior and disease prevention. You will learn a variety of skills and strategies that will provide you with the necessary proficiencies to improve population health in diverse settings. The program focuses on the social and behavioral determinants of health and disease across the lifespan, with a particular emphasis on health disparities. Upon graduation, you will be qualified to assist with planning, implementing and evaluating programs that address health disparities and that are intended to improve the health of diverse populations.
- Visit Undergraduate Academic Advising to pursue this program.
- Use the general catalog to view courses offered in the program.
- Use an option sheet (pdf) to track your progress in completing course requirements.
- Schedule an advising appointment.
- Application | Pre-Public Health to Full Major