The CIDER Study
Contextual Influences on Daily Emotion Regulation
Who can participate in this research study?
- Adults aged 50-65
- Working at least part time (20 hours/week)
- Proficient in English
- Interested in participating in research
What are we studying?
- The goal of The CIDER Study is to learn how working adults manage emotions they experience at work and with their family daily.
- The CIDER Study uses a "daily diary" approach.
What is a daily diary study?
- A daily diary study involves completing short surveys at the end of the day for multiple days to learn how people's experiences and well-being change from day to day.
What would I be expected to do?
- You will complete 8 surveys.
- First, you will complete one "baseline" survey to collect information about your typical behaviors and emotions and demographic information (e.g., race, gender, and marital status).
- Then you will complete 7 brief daily diary surveys for the next 7 days that will be available starting at 7 pm each night during the study.
- You will reflect on the emotions you experienced at work and with family and how you influenced your emotions that day.
What's in it for me?
- Participants will receive $30 for participating in the CIDER Study.
- Your participation may help improve our understanding of how adults control their emotions in different situations.
- These findings could inform interventions to improve emotion regulation and well-being in adulthood in order to increase the number of people living happier and healthier lives.
- You may also benefit from reflecting on the emotions you experience and how you influence them throughout the week.
Interested in participating?
Contact the study personnel at [email protected]