Total Prep/Cooking Time: 45minutes
Number of Servings: 5-‐6
Serving Size: ½ cup
1. Marinade thinly sliced zucchini in balsamic vinegar and a mix of 2-‐3 tsp. olive oil, in addition to salt and pepper (as preferred). Let the marinated zucchini slices sit for a couple of hours or overnight (don’t throw the marinade out when finally removing the slices!).
2. Cook orzo according to package. While the orzo is cooking, heat oil and sauté the zucchini slices.
When they are gold-‐brown from both sides, put them on a plate covered with paper towels to remove leftover oil.
3. Use the same pan to sauté the kale, add the diced bell pepper a few minutes later, and finally the diced tomato. After letting it cook for a few minutes, add the marinade from the zucchini slices as sauce to the pan. Let it cook on low heat for a couple of minutes.
4. Add crispy zucchini slices and orzo to the pan; stir and add pepper and salt as preferred.
5. Take the pan from the stove; add fresh basil and feta cheese, and mix well. The salad may be served warm or cold, depending on personal preference. Enjoy and go beavs!
This recipe was voted a Top 5 in the GridIron Chef 2014 contest.
View all the Top 5 GridIron Chef 2014 recipes.