Total Prep/Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 cup
1. Remove the stems of the Portobello mushrooms and toss the mushroom caps, bell pepper, tomatoes and onions with olive oil to lightly coat. Place the mushroom gills-up on a hot grill with the other vegetables.
2. Grill vegetables for 10-20 minutes, until each looks softened (mushrooms should be done first).
3. Slice the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
4. Blend tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a food processor until they are in very small chunks. (If making this chili away from a kitchen, you may finely chop the peppers, tomatoes, and onions by hand instead of using a blender or food processor.)
5. Add the blended mixture to a pot with the salt, chili powder, coriander, broth, pumpkin, beans, and sliced mushroom. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes and serve with sliced avocado on top. Enjoy!
This recipe was voted a Top 5 in the GridIron Chef 2014 contest.
View all the Top 5 GridIron Chef 2014 recipes.