During and After the Internship
Public Health Undergraduate Internships
To do during your internship
Weeks 1-2 during internship
Work on your Learning Competency Form.
Adjust to internship site
Dr. Elliott sends out a welcome email to both you and your preceptor with all of the paperwork deadlines, and schedule times in advance to go over them.
Upload your Learning Competency Form by Wednesday of Week 2 in Canvas, if you are splitting your internship, you don’t need to submit one for the second term unless your activities have changed.
Start working on your General or Job Track portfolio.
Weeks 4-5 during internship
Work on the Midway Progress Report with your preceptor. Upload it to Canvas by Wednesday of Week 5
If you will be seeking a job after your internship, discuss jobs with your site, and start looking for jobs, applying, etc. See below for job resources.
Upload optional journals weeks 1-5
Update LinkedIn profile
Continue to work on final portfolio
Weeks 10-11 during internship
Work on the Final Evaluation with your preceptor
Upload the Final Evaluation and final portfolio to Canvas by Tuesday of Finals Week
Upload optional journals weeks 6-10 by Tuesday of Finals Week.
Thank the internship site with a card.
HPHB career options
- Community health workers
- Health-wellness program coordinator
- Health promotion specialist
- Public health educator
- Health program coordinator
- Patient navigator
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
HMP career options
- Long term care administrator
- Hospital administrator
- Human resource managers
- Health communications specialist
- Clinic manager
- Health policy analyst
Other career resources
- Public Health Careers
- Oregon Public Health Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
- Health Care Administrators Association
- Society for Public Health Education
- National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health
- Explore Health Careers