The program faculty evaluates each candidate’s packet for the selection of interns on the basis of:
Candidate’s application packets are initially screened for the following minimum requirements. Failure to meet this automatically eliminates the candidate:
Packets are evaluated by these ranked criteria (from highest to lowest priority):
The DI director and coordinator conduct Skype interviews for candidates screened to have met a minimum score, which is determined each year based on total applicant numbers.
Applicants with Verification Statements from an accredited DPD older than 5 years at the time of application must contact the OSUDI Director about what is necessary to demonstrate recency of education. That may include additional coursework or another mechanism which will be determined on an individual applicant basis.
(Following DICAS System and Instructions)
Read carefully as we have some unique requirements that differ from the general instructions in DICAS
Submit a complete Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) application packet made up of the following items by the deadline posted for DICAS (typically around February 15):
1) In our requirement for the DICAS Personal Statement please address only the following in 1000 words or less (do not answer the standard DICAS questions):
2) When you mail your fee to OSU, include a hard copy collection of 3 different examples of what you consider to be your best dietetics-related class assignments/projects/papers.
3) Application and Transcript Evaluation Fee* of $50
4) The Dietetic Internship Application - completed through the DICAS portal
5) Official Transcript(s) sealed in official envelope – submitted through DICAS
6) Three letters of recommendation (at least two DPD faculty) – submitted through DICAS
7) Signed Verification Statement for DPD or Declaration of Intent for Completion – submitted through DICAS
The DICAS application must be completed by the deadline specified on the DICAS website. http://portal.dicas.org/
The OSUDI participates in the D&D Digital Computer Matching. Please provide D&D Digital the following information by registering at www.dnddigital.com
Submit D&D Digital required materials trough www.dnddigital.com.
Other contact information for D&D Digital:
D&D Digital Systems
304 Main St., Suite 301
Ames, IA. 50010-6148
Phone: (515) 292-0490
Fax: (515) 663-9427
Failure to submit matching information disqualifies candidates from the internship selection process.
The top candidates are ranked by the OSUDI selection committee and their names are sent in to the D&D Digital Computer Matching for selection of finalists. Follow instructions on the D&D website regarding your placement results. The process will be conducted so that student’s rights are protected and the non-discrimination policies of the program are maintained.
Mary Cluskey, Ph.D., RDN
Michelle Bump, MS, RD, CSR, LD