Gloria Krahn, PhD, MPH
Barbara Emily Knudson Endowed Chair in Family Policy Studies, Director of External Relations
College of Public Health and Human Sciences
Hallie Ford Center 255
Corvallis, OR 97331
- Hallie E. Ford Center for Healthy Children and Families
- Dean's Office
Gloria comes to the CPHHS from the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention, where she served as the director of the Division of Human Development and Disability in the National Center for Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities.
She previously held positions as a research associate at the University of Pittsburgh, and several positions at the Oregon Health & Science University in Portland including professor of pediatrics in Public Health and Preventive Medicine, director of the Oregon Institute on Disability & Development/University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, director of Rehabilitations and Research Center on Health of People with Long Term Disabilities, and associate director of the Child Development and Rehabilitation Center.
She earned a master’s degree and a PhD in psychology from the University of Manitoba, Canada, an MPH from the University of California, Berkeley, and completed a postdoctoral residency at the Oregon Health Sciences University.
- Oregon Pushing for Better Emergency Care for People with Disabilities
- Oregon Center for Health Innovation to respond to emerging health care issues
- Working for better health for the disabled
- People with disabilities experience unrecognized health disparities, new research shows
- New seminar series connects timely research with state policymakers
- Accomplished researcher comes home to Oregon, public health