Online resources for healthy children and families
Oregon Parenting Education Week Articles
- The importance of early development for later success
- Be a family food and physical activity HERO
- Keeping young workers safe
- Becoming the parent you want to be
Nutrition is fun! How to make healthy eating enjoyable for children.
To get children excited about eating healthy foods, set a good example and make eating fun! Encourage children to eat fruits and vegetables and talk about why they’re healthy. Children love to learn new things and be involved, so ask them to help out in the kitchen while preparing meals. Also, encourage them to eat healthy foods by making them fun, such as putting peanut butter on a celery stick with raisins to make “ants on a log”.
Teaching children about healthy food and nutrition will not only help them, but it will also help families as a whole. Encourage yourself and the children in your life to choose fruit over candy, and vegetables over potato chips. In the long run, everyone involved will benefit!
Find more tips like these for healthy children and families at the college's online magazine Synergies.
Online resources for healthy children and families.
- OSU Extension Parenting Resources
- OSU Extension Oregon Parenting Education Directory
- OSU Extension Food Hero Program
- OSU Extension Healthy Activity Tips
- OSU Extension Guide to Finding Help in Tough Times
- Oregon Food Bank
- Center for Global Health
- Center for Healthy Aging Research
- Hallie E. Ford Center for Healthy Children & Families
- About the Center
- Center Leadership
- Research Cores
- Featured Researchers
- Featured Students
- Oregon Parenting Education
- Family Impact Seminar Series
- Campbell Lecture Series
- Affiliated Institutes, Centers, and Programs
- Resources for You
- News and Press
- Donate to the Hallie E. Ford Center
- Contact the Center
- Moore Family Center for Whole Grain Foods, Nutrition and Preventive Health