Division of Health Sciences
Dean Tammy Bray
College of Public Health
and Human Sciences
Interim Dean Susan Tornquist
College of Veterinary Medicine
Dean Mark Zabriskie
College of Pharmacy
Shared missions. Joint research. Mutual efforts.
In November of 2009, OSU President Ed Ray announced a new divisional structure as part of OSU’s Strategic Alignment and Budget Reduction Implementation Plan. I am pleased that the College of Public Health and Human Sciences joined with the College of Pharmacy and the College of Veterinary Medicine to become the Division of Health Sciences. Discussions among Division faculty and staff have already resulted in new collaborations between our colleges that take advantage of shared missions, joint research, and mutual efforts to advance our excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
This new alignment creates an exciting opportunity for Interim Dean Susan Tornquist (Veterinary Medicine), Dean Mark Zabriskie (Pharmacy) and me to build on our colleges' strengths and partnership to advance the following goals in support of Phase II of the OSU Strategic Plan for the area of Improving Human Health and Wellness:
- Development of integrative, cross disciplinary research, together with interdisciplinary graduate programs.
- Transformation of the College of Health and Human Sciences into an accredited College of Public Health and Human Sciences, with dual DVM-MPH and Pharm-D programs.
- Enhanced outreach to stakeholder communities.
During times of change, it’s important that we have up to date information and a forum to ask questions, share concerns, and suggest ideas. This website exists for that purpose. I believe that our strengths, our professional intent, and our combined excellence and energy will help us create a division that will take us successfully into the future.
Thanks for being part of our team.
Dean, College of Public Health and Human Sciences
Executive Dean, Division of Health Sciences
Ignite Research Colloquium February 4, 2013
- Dean Clarke's "One Health" presentation slides
- Program (pdf) - including all researchers and presentation titles
- Read - Ignite Research Colloquium sparks collaboration among colleges
Interdisciplinary Research Grants Program Request for Proposals
Division of Health Sciences with Linus Pauling Institute
Download the RFP (docx)
Timeline for faculty proposals:
- Announcement of RFP: January 30, 2015
- Deadline for Submission: March 31, 2015
- Funding Period: July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016
Below are reports submitted March 15, 2010 outlining plans for moving our Division forward.
- Report of the Division of Health Sciences on Strategic Alignment and Budget Reduction (pdf)
- Report of the College of Health and Human Sciences on Strategic Alignment and Budget Reduction (pdf)
Below are goals and reports from the Divisional Opportunities Committees that were submitted to the deans of the three colleges in the Division.
- Goal #1 | To build capacity in the Division to support faculty grant development and interdisciplinary project planning. Report from the Research and Graduate Programs Initiatives Committee (pdf)
- Goal #2 | To articulate the goal, vision, and framework for establishing an accredited College of Public Health and Human Sciences with dual degree programs. Report from the Professional Education Programs Committee (pdf)
- Goal #3 | To provide important information to public audiences to assist them in topic areas related to the expertise of the Division of Health Sciences; to promote healthy communities; to enhance and elevate the profile of the OSU Division of Health Sciences among the public. Report from the Outreach Committee (pdf)