Health Management and Policy
In the Health Management and Policy track you will develop abilities to solve healthcare problems in practical ways within sound conceptual frameworks and will study health services delivery from the distinct viewpoints of those who receive, provide, finance and regulate care.
Courses emphasize the connection between financing care and delivering care, and between developing sound policy and implementing it through good management. The curriculum includes courses on current economic, political, legal, management and financial issues that directly influence the health sector.
This option will prepare you for entry into health policy positions in federal, state or local governments, as well as administrative and management careers in private and public healthcare organizations.
Our program focuses attention in areas including:
- Alternative Models for Health Care Reimbursement
- Financial Management Methods for Health Care Organizations
- Management of Organizational Change
- Policy Implications of Federal and State Health Care Initiatives
- Systems Approaches to Health Management Practice
Health Management and Policy Faculty
- Stephanie Bernell
- Chunhuei Chi
- Andy Chuinard, MPH Internship Coordinator
- Karen Elliott, Undergraduate Internship Coordinator
- S. Marie Harvey
- Tao Li
- Jeff Luck
- Carolyn Mendez-Luck
- Karen Volmar, Program Coordinator
- Jangho Yoon
How To Apply
The Public Health Graduate Programs Application page contains instructions for each step of the application process.
Program Handbooks and Competencies
- OSU MPH Student General Handbook
- Health Management and Policy Track Handbook
- Learning Competencies for the Health Management and Policy Track
(full certification by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration)
Master of Public Health
Master of Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Health Management and Policy.
Accelerated MPH Program in Health Management and Policy
If you are a current OSU undergraduate student, you can take graduate classes and apply those credits to your current undergraduate degree, then transfer them to a participating graduate program. See how.
PhD in Public Health with a concentration in Health Policy
The College of Public Health and Human Sciences is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health
For specific questions about the application process, please contact the Public Health Programs Manager.
For academic or professional information specific to the OSU Health Management and Policy program, please contact the program coordinator Dr. Stephanie Bernell.